We are looking for several friendly, caring people who have experience of working with children to join our successful and committed team as banked lunchtime assistants and banked teaching assistant to cover staff absence at short notice. If you can promote good behaviour, have a caring nature, have a sense of fun, have worked with young children before and have the relevant childcare qualifications OR relevant experiences, then these may be the roles for you.
BANKED LUNCHTIME STAFF
The lunchtime period is between 12 – 1.15pm. The pay scale is at A1 (dependent on experience).
• Supervising the children in the dining hall and promoting good manners & supporting healthy eating
• Supervising the children during play activities on the playground or in the classroom during wet play
• Devise and initiate constructive play opportunities for children when required
• Assisting with cleaning spills/wiping tables
• Administering minor first aid
• Ensuring the safety, welfare and positive behaviour of pupils
• Maintain high levels of discretion and confidentiality
• Have an understanding of the school’s policy on Child Protection/Safeguarding
• Liaise effectively and professionally with staff and teachers
BANKED TEACHING ASSISTANTS
The morning period is 8.45 – 12pm and the afternoon period is 1.15 – 3.15pm. The pay scale is at B3.
Successful applicants must:
• Be positive, proactive and patient and have a caring approach towards children
• Have experience of supporting pupils in Key Stage 1
• Have good skills in English and Maths (GCSE Grade C or above)
• Have a qualification relevant to child development, or intend to pursue one
• Have good communication skills and high expectations
• Be able to support the learning of pupils of all abilities in and outside of the classroom
You will need to be able to work on your own initiative as well as working as part of a team. There will be an interview and a short task with a group of children to ascertain suitability for the role. The positions will be available with an immediate start, subject to all relevant health checks, references and DBS checks are in place. Application forms can be downloaded from: https://www.hants.gov.uk/jobs/education-jobs/application.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is
used to prevent cross site request forgery.
An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
An 'awsUploads' object is used to facilitate file uploads.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: