We are looking for several friendly, caring people who have experience of working with children to join our successful and committed team as banked lunchtime assistants and banked teaching assistant to cover staff absence at short notice. If you can promote good behaviour, have a caring nature, have a sense of fun, have worked with young children before and have the relevant childcare qualifications OR relevant experiences, then these may be the roles for you.
BANKED LUNCHTIME STAFF
The lunchtime period is between 12 – 1.15pm. The pay scale starts at A1 £9.00 per hour (dependent on experience).
• Supervising the children in the dining hall and promoting good manners & supporting healthy eating
• Supervising the children during play activities on the playground or in the classroom during wet play
• Devise and initiate constructive play opportunities for children when required
• Assisting with cleaning spills/wiping tables
• Administering minor first aid
• Ensuring the safety, welfare and positive behaviour of pupils
• Maintain high levels of discretion and confidentiality
• Have an understanding of the school’s policy on Child Protection/Safeguarding
• Liaise effectively and professionally with staff and teachers
BANKED TEACHING ASSISTANTS
The morning period is 8.45 – 12pm and the afternoon period is 1.15 – 3.15pm. The pay scale is at B1 at £9.36 per hour (dependent on experience).
Successful applicants must:
• Be positive, proactive and patient and have a caring approach towards children
• Have experience of supporting pupils in Key Stage 1
• Have good skills in English and Maths (GCSE Grade C or above)
• Have a qualification relevant to child development, or intend to pursue one
• Have good communication skills and high expectations
• Be able to support the learning of pupils of all abilities in and outside of the classroom
You will need to be able to work on your own initiative as well as working as part of a team. There will be an interview and a short task with a group of children to ascertain suitability for the role. The positions will be available with an immediate start, subject to all relevant health checks, references and DBS checks are in place. Application forms can be downloaded from: https://www.hants.gov.uk/jobs/education-jobs/application.
Click here for more information.