Our Improvement (I) Plan has 5 key objectives that we are looking to achieve 2016-2017.
1. a. To develop a growth mindset culture amongst all stakeholders at HWIS.
b. To continue to provide stimulating teaching which will increase the quality of teaching and learning so that it is at
least good with an increasing proportion leading to outstanding.
c. To provide well-targeted support for all children ensuring that they all make at least expected progress and that
attainment of all children is more in line with national expectations including ’closing the gap’ for our
2. To continue to raise attainment in maths through a mastery approach in order to promote fluency, reasoning and
problem solving and to ensure that all children make at least expected progress and a % make aspirational progress.
(Basic Skills Quality Mark)
3. To foster a love of learning for reading and develop the opportunities for drama and role play across the school to
stimulate and develop speaking and listening skills with impact on writing.(Basic Skills Quality Mark)
4. To continue to review, adapt and amend our Science planning in line with new curriculum objectives and cohort
requirements and to ensure that we meet the requirements and that we have exciting opportunities for the children to
develop their science knowledge.
5. To ensure the Governors are able to act as a ‘critical friend’ and hold the school accountable for its Excellence Plan.
Click here for more information.