Our Improvement (I) Plan has 5 key objectives that we are looking to achieve 2017-2018.
1. a. To continue to develop a growth mindset culture amongst all stakeholders at HWIS.
b. To continue to provide stimulating teaching which will increase the quality of teaching and learning so that it is at
least good with an increasing proportion leading to outstanding.
c. To continue to provide well-targeted support for all children ensuring that they all make at least expected progress and that
attainment of all children is more in line with national expectations including diminishing the difference’ for our
2. To continue to raise attainment in maths through a mastery approach in order to promote fluency, reasoning and problem solving and to ensure that all children make at least expected progress and a % make aspirational progress. (Basic Skills Quality Mark)
3. To review our teaching of phonics across the whole school and to continue to foster a love of learning for reading and the development of opportunities for drama and role play across the school which will develop speaking and listening skills with an impact on writing.(Basic Skills Quality Mark)
4. To continue to review, adapt and amend our Science planning to ensure that we meet the requirements and that we have exciting opportunities for the children to develop their science knowledge.
5. To ensure Governors are able to act as a ‘critical friend’, holding the school to account and supporting the school’s drive from ‘Good’ to ‘Outstanding’
Click here for more information.