Hatch Warren Infant School PSHE Statement
The PSHE (Personal, Social and Health Education) scheme of work has been developed using Hampshire County Council guidelines and advice from the PSHE Association. The planned PSHE programme is taught weekly through other curriculum areas (e.g. Science and ICT) and within the whole school ethos.
PSHE is delivered through a range of teaching styles which include:
The aims of PSHE are to enable children to:
• know and understand what constitutes a healthy lifestyle (e.g. the benefits of physical activity, rest, healthy eating and dental health)
• be aware of safety issues (including road safety, the correct use of medicines and online safety)
• understand what makes for good relationships with others
• have respect for others
• be an independent and responsible member of our school community
• develop self-confidence and self-esteem enabling them to make informed choices
• be positive and active members of the wider community (e.g. what improves and harms their local environment)
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is used to prevent cross site request forgery. An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: