Hatch Warren Infant School PSHE Statement
The PSHE (Personal, Social and Health Education) scheme of work has been developed using Hampshire County Council guidelines and advice from the PSHE Association. The planned PSHE programme is taught weekly through other curriculum areas (e.g. Science and ICT) and within the whole school ethos.
PSHE is delivered through a range of teaching styles which include:
The aims of PSHE are to enable children to:
• know and understand what constitutes a healthy lifestyle (e.g. the benefits of physical activity, rest, healthy eating and dental health)
• be aware of safety issues (including road safety, the correct use of medicines and online safety)
• understand what makes for good relationships with others
• have respect for others
• be an independent and responsible member of our school community
• develop self-confidence and self-esteem enabling them to make informed choices
• be positive and active members of the wider community (e.g. what improves and harms their local environment)
Click here for more information.